Big Mac tacos are a fusion of two classic favorites: the Big Mac and the taco. Ground beef is seasoned with Big Mac sauce, then topped with cheese, lettuce, and pickles. Serve on taco shells for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Use flour tortillas instead of buns for a more taco-like experience.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the tortillas for added flavor.
- Use our homemade Thousand Island Dressing as an alternative to Big Mac sauce.
- Place the buns in a taco holder to help them form a taco shape.
- Use cheese of your choice, including cheddar, Mexican blend, or American cheese.
- Use leaner ground beef, such as 85/15, or ground chuck for a more flavorful burger.
- Add jalapeños for a spicy kick.
Swap Big Mac Tacos sauce for guacamole.
Additional Tips and Tricks:
- Stick to flour tortillas for their flexibility and flavor similarity to hamburger buns.
- The beef patties will shrink during cooking, so it’s okay if they initially extend beyond the tortilla’s edge.
- Monitor the thin beef patties closely as they cook quickly, about 3 minutes.
- Melt cheese on the burgers immediately after removing them from the heat.
Enjoy these burgers fresh or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat them over medium heat on the stovetop.
Is Thousand Island dressing the same as Big Mac sauce?
No, Thousand Island dressing contains ketchup, while the original Big Mac sauce does not.
What is Big Mac sauce made of?
It contains sweet relish, distilled vinegar, salt, egg yolks, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, paprika extract, and other preservatives and additives.
Do you put oil on the griddle for smash burgers?
No, the fat in the ground beef provides enough grease for cooking.
How do you smash a burger without a smasher?
If you don’t have a burger press, use a spatula to flatten the patty.
Big Mac Tacos: A Fusion of Two Classic Favorites
Cook ground beef patties according to package directions.
Warm hamburger buns in a microwave for 10 seconds.
Place a ground beef patty on each bun.
Top each patty with a slice of American cheese.
Add lettuce, tomato, pickle relish, Thousand Island dressing, and shredded cheddar cheese to each taco.